Fans of Friday Night Dinner will be overjoyed at the news, there will be another season. Friday Night Dinner season five ended up with the death of Wilson, the dog of Jim played by Mark Heap.
The last series was the second highest-rated out of all five seasons. The long-awaited return of Adam and his Brother who spend their Friday dinners at their parent’s home should be a blast.
This guide shows how you can watch the tales of the Goodman Family, and the comedic interaction between Adam and Jonny with their mum and dad, and quirky neighbours.
First, we will look more at the cast, crew and the goings-on that led up to the end of Friday Night Dinner season five.
Friday Night Dinner Season Recap
In a north London suburb, regular Friday night’s are not typical for the Goodman’s. There is always something going amiss as the siblings share their Friday night with their parents.
Robert Popper, the writer of the show, and Steve Bendelack, Martin Dennis as supporting directors of the show, created a gem that tells the tales of the family.
The cast unchanged and the main ones so far being in all 31 episodes. There are 30 from the combined seasons and one special.
The main characters being Tamsin Greig, Simon Bird, Paul Ritter, Tom Rosenthal as the family.
If you have never seen the show, you are in for some pant wetting giggles. Greig, Simon Bird, Paul Ritter all come from some great shows in the past.
The Inbetweeners, Black Books, Love Soup, The Game, and Hang-Ups among some of the many other shows they have each stared in major roles.
That is the cast out of the way, so here is a quick episode guide for season five.
- Episode 1 – The Other Jackie: Jim is seen in a restaurant with a woman who has a horrendous laugh. Adam and brother Jonny are horrified their parents have a hot tub.
- Episode 2 – The Tin of Meat: Val moves in after an argument, and upsets dad by tidying the house and throwing away his lucky tin of meat.
- Episode 3 – The Surprise: The brother takes their mom to the pub as Martin arranges her birthday party. Not everything turns out as it should, but there are lots of laughs.
- Episode 4 – Lord Luck: A ventriloquists dummy and a friend suffering from depression are a humorous mix for dinner.
- Episode 5 – The Violin: Adam is tasked with showing off his violin skills for mum and her best friend. Jonny savours every second.
- Episode 6 – Wilson: The last episode of season 5, sees Wilson leaving a deposit in the flowerbed, and the boys are threatened with no crumble if they don’t help with a shelf.
At present, there is no release date for Friday Night Dinner season six, but we will now look at how you can watch full episodes online.
Where to Watch Friday Night Dinner in Australia
It might appear there are a few options to view Friday Night Dinner, but there are not as many places as it appears.
One place, which is common for some great shows, is Hulu. While the show is there, it only offers four seasons, and there is no sight of season 5 appearing. (Learn how to watch Hulu in Australia)
Hulu does come with a free trial and is affordable if you don’t want to watch live TV. At $5.99 with ads, of $11.99 with no ads for on-demand, it is a good option.
Hulu also has lots of shows and movies and is seen as the closest to Netflix with its own Originals series.
Another option is Amazon Prime Video. However, this isn’t available in Australia and only gives the option to view Friday Night Dinner season one.
If you wanted to purchase the show from Google Play, you are also out of luck in Australia. Although it is listed, as soon as you head to the store, it tells you the show is currently unavailable.
The ultimate option is to use a VPN and head to the United Kingdom. You can watch every episode free on Channel 4, here’s how.
Channel 4 Friday Night Dinner
All 4 is the streaming service of Channel 4. It is free for UK residents. It runs on iOS and Android, Windows and Mac, Smart TV’s game consoles and Roku as well as Amazon FireStick / TV.
All shows are HD if live or on-demand, but it does come with ads, but this is a small price to pay to watch online.
Signing up is straightforward once you unblock with a VPN. The top VPN providers allow you to easily change the country.
Here are the steps to sign up:
- Start your VPN
- Fill in your details email, confirm email, and add a password.
- Enter a UK postcode. If you don’t know one, check the internet for one.
- You will receive your confirmation email. Confirm, and you are ready to go.
VPN’s for Australia needs to be something special because of the location. Our recommendation is ExpressVPN because it has proven itself as being the best VPN for streaming.
You can sign up in a few minutes, and if you want to test before proceeding, there is a no question 30-day money-back guarantee.
Once you run the app, it just needs the country being set to the UK and heading to the All 4 website. Select your episodes and press play to watch.
This is more than enough to test all the features of the VPN and watch online episodes of Friday Night Dinner.