None of us is ever too old to watch cartoons, and this comes from many reasons. It could be to relive our childhood, or for our kid’s entertainment, or we are huge fans of anime and cartoons in general.
With all this in mind, the best anime addons for Kodi can be one of your best allies in watching cartoons online, for any of the above reasons, or any more you can think of.
If you install the best cartoon add-on to Kodi, your world is opened up to hundreds of cartoon sources.
This isn’t to mention the continual updates Kodi receives to make it one of the best and most adaptable media streaming apps any user could wish to have at their disposal.
compile this review, numerous cartoon add-ons were tested and tried for hours, and it was found that the Cartoon Online add-on came out on top as the most enjoyable.
What is the Watch Cartoons Online Add-on?
This cartoon HD Kodi add-on offers some of the best anime and cartoons which includes eight categories for ease of searching, and include the following:
- Latest 50 releases
- Popular and Ongoing Series
- Dubbed Anime List
- Cartoons List
- Movies and more.
Two search tools are also provided, and these are the overall search tool, and then search by genre.
There is also a website which has a very friendly and organised homepage which can be found at the following link. http://www.watchcartoononline.
When you compare this to others sites such as watchcartoon.tv and compare the website, you can see the effort which goes in.
With all this in mind, it is easy to see why this is the best Kodi cartoon add-ons you can find.
Cartoons Online Alternatives
Once you have installed this add-on, you might wonder of alternatives, and there are some others apart from the one mentioned. Unfortunately, these are more commonly all in one add-on and don’t specialise in one genre.
As good as they are, there is no way they can compete with the best anime Kodi add-on, which is built for the job.
Kodi Add-on Word of Caution
Before proceeding to watch anime on Kodi, it should be highlighted about the need for a VPN service.
For two factors, and these being geo-blocked content or the fact data retention from ISP’s is two years in Australia, and with a lot of the content infringing on copyrights, it could result in a nasty knock on the door unexpectedly. This goes for both the website and also the add-on for Kodi.
The way around this will be talked about later. But, for now, here is how to install Cartoons Online into your Kodi app.
Installing Cartoons Online
- On your Kodi Homepage, Click the gear icon top left-hand corner.
- Select File Manager on the System menu.
- Double-click on ‘Add source.’
- Select in the ‘Add file source’ dialogue box.
- Now you need to enter the path of the repository. Type the path as “http://srp.nu”. Make sure it is correct and then click Ok.
- Next, you need to enter a suitable name for the media source. Call it “superrepo” and then Click Ok.
- Once completed, navigate to the Kodi home page and select Add-ons.
- Select the Package Installer icon in the top-left corner.
- Next, select the Install from zip file option.
- Here you will see the source name you already gave in Step 6. Now click the source as “superrepo.”
- Now select the version of the repo. Click on “Krypton.”
- Select the all option.
- Here you should select the repo zip file as “superrepo.kodi.krypton.all-0.7.04.zip”.
- Wait a while until you see the popup which shows the repository was installed successfully.
- Next, select Install from the repository.
- You will be presented with the list of repositories. Select the repository as “SuperRepo All[Krypton][v7]”.
- Select ‘Video add-ons’ from this superrepo repository.
- You will see a list of add-ons displayed which are available in this superrepo repository.
- Select “WatchCartoonOnline” add-on.
- Click on the Install.
- Select version 1.1.7(superRepo)” and wait until you see the popup which indicates the add-on was installed correctly.
- Click on the Open to select this add-ons options.
Best VPN for Watching Cartoons Online
It was briefly mentioned about the need for a VPN to get the best use of the Kodi anime add-ons.
To add, ISP’s collect and filter Australian users browsing data, and this is held for 2-years. They even do this without a user’s consent. Even now if you are reading this, they will know you have read it.
ISP also blocks some streams while throttling others for users of Kodi, or for streaming content in general. Even YouTube watchers can find their connection slow down.
The most reliable way to protect your privacy is to select the fastest and most reliable VPN on the market.
All the features it offers, you can find on the ExpressVPN review, and you will be surprised at the versatility and number of devices and OS’s it supports.
With a straightforward sign-up procedure you can select your options and receive a quick email which directs you to the download page.
Once you have this and entered your details and activated the app. You will have access to bank-grade encryption and privacy, and also the fastest VPN in less time than it takes to watch one cartoon episode.
Apart from this VPN provider not holding any customer records, and being based outside of any country where data retention laws are in existence.
It gives you the very best speeds, so you should not experience any stuttering or buffering, even being in a remote area such as Australia.
For all the kids, and for the kids inside all of us, when we watch cartoononline, there is a magnitude of content available for anyone to watch.
As long as all the precautionary steps are taken to protect your home connection and your family’s privacy.
Nothing is preventing you from being able to watch cartoons online Kodi add-ons provide.