Suppose you are a long time Kodi user. You will know how popular the Genesis Kodi add-on became.
All these excellent features went missing when Genesis for Kodi closed down along with Exodus, Phoenix and some other best add-ons.
Recently, the Genesis Reborn Kodi add-on was born and brought to the masses. It gained immense popularity as the best Genesis alternative.
Genesis Reborn is a new and improved version after the original vanished because of copyright claims.
It’s now back, and the Kodi add-on is much improved from the previous version and is quickly becoming one of the best Neptune rising alternatives.
We will look at how you can add Genesis Reborn to Kodi and also how you can protect yourself when using this or any other Kodi add-ons to make sure you don’t fall foul of any spying eyes from your ISP or any agency that is concerned with copyright infringement issues.
What does Genesis Reborn Offer?
Genesis Reborn comprises 10 categories users can select, from movies and TV shows to much more.
One of the highlighted features of Genesis Reborn is the Calendar tab. This sits in the TV shows category.
Shows will automatically update as they add them and puts in order from the newest additions first.
Genesis Reborn is compatible with integrating Trakt TV, where it facilitates the management of what you want to see or have seen on your Kodi devices.
Setting up your TV Trakt account within Genesis Reborn is straightforward by clicking ‘tools’ and then Accounts.
If you are searching for the latest movies and TV shows, you will head directly to the New Movies section of Genesis Reborn. Movies with releases in the current or previous year are in this section.
When looking for a more relaxing channel style browsing experience, the Channels section is for you.
It is a small selection of movie channels and is an excellent way to relax and watch movies you may not have considered searching for.
You will see some channels focus on particular genres, such as action, crime or science fiction.
Other channels, which do not have a genre focus, show recent popular movies.
If you want to add subtitles or exclude certain sources, so it does not index them. (Read How To Watch Suits Online)
This Tools section is where you find those options. We recommend you go through this add-on area and make sure you use the add-on to suit your needs.
Installing Genesis Reborn on Kodi 17 Krypton or Newer
Here is how to install Genesis on Kodi 17 and above. This includes Leia 18. Because Kodi is the same on any device, these instructions will be the same for a PC, a FireStick or any other device.
- Open Kodi and make sure you are on the Home Page.
- Click on the ‘gear icon in the top-left corner. You will enter Kodi’s settings.
- Click on ‘System’ to the right side of your screen. This is called ‘System Settings‘ in previous Kodi versions.
- On the left sidebar, hover over the word ‘add-ons.’
- To the right, click ‘Unknown Sources.’
- You will see a warning message. Carry on by clicking ‘Yes.’
- Double-check ‘Unknown Sources’ is toggled to ON/ enabled
- Navigate back to the Kodi home screen. Click the ‘Settings’ icon
- Go to File Manager – Add Source
- Select None and enter the following URL exactly (without quotes) “http://jesusboxrepo.xyz/repo/”
- Name the source underneath ‘JesusBox’ then click ‘OK.’
- On the Kodi home screen, select ‘Add-ons.’
- Click the ‘Package Installer Icon in the top left corner
- Select ‘Install from Zip file.’
- Click ‘JesusBox‘
- Select the repository.jesusboxtv.zip and install
- You will see an add-on enabled successful notification
- Select Install from repository
- Click JesusBox repository to open it
- Select ‘Video Add-ons’ – Genesis Reborn and click on install
- You should see a Genesis Reborn Add-on Enabled notification box pop up
- Navigate to the Kodi home screen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left
- All your video add-ons, including Genesis Reborn, will be shown here
Installing Genesis Reborn on Kodi Jarvis
If you still have Jarvis 16.1, use these instructions for setup on PC, Mac, Android, or Amazon Fire TV/ FireStick.
- Go to System – File Manager
- Select ‘Add Source’
- Click ‘None’ and type the following URL: http://jesusboxrepo.xyz/repo/
- Click on ‘Done’.
- Move to the empty bar and Type: JesusBox
- Select ‘Done’.
- Click ‘OK.
- On the home screen, head to ‘System’ – ‘Settings’ – ‘Add-ons.’
- Select ‘Install from Zip file.’
- Select ‘JesusBox‘ – repository.jesusboxtv.zip click install
- You will see an add-on enabled notification.
- Select Install from repository.
- Choose the JesusBox Repo.
- Click Video add-ons – Genesis Reborn and click install
- On the Kodi home screen, select ‘Videos’ – ‘Add-ons.’
- You will see all your add-ons here, including Genesis Reborn
Genesis Reborn Not Working
On some occasions, you may find your Genesis Kodi download not working. Here are some reasons this can happen. It also shows the solution to get the Genesis movie app working again.
- Failed to Install a Dependency Error – This will happen if repository’s fail to update the Genesis Reborn add-on. To fix this, you have to select another repo where you can download Genesis Reborn Kodi.
- Cannot Connect to Repository – This occurs when a URL for the repo is incorrectly typed, and in many cases, Kodi users forget to type the slash (/) at the end. The solution to this is to check the spelling. Note: For an additional reason, see below.
- Could Not Retrieve Directory Information Error – This is a user error on many occasions. It can be weak internet connections, incorrect URL spelling, or the Genesis Reborn repo is dead. The check for this is to paste the URL into your browser to see if it connects. Note: For an additional reason, see below.
- Check Log for More Information – This occurs if the repo or the add-on is updating. It can take hours, but also if you are trying to download from a dead repo. To fix this, you can wait for updates to finish or clear the Kodi cache. If it still fails, you can re-install Kodi and add the Genesis Reborn add-on again.
NOTE: Jesus Box Repo Down
The JesusBox Repository has been taken down.
However, you can still try to install Genesis Reborn using the above directions. If any of the errors are explained, you can download the Genesis add-on from the Kodil repo.
Here is the working Kodil repo URL- http://www.lvtvv.com/repo/
Change this in the above directions for step #10. Many other Kodi add-ons, everything else should remain the same.
Using Genesis Reborn with a VPN
Users may wonder why they need to use a VPN. This is clear because of a couple of things we saw right at the beginning.
ISP’s retain data, and any streaming user can find their internet connection slowing down (throttling).
This can induce buffering at best. However, data retention is more worrying. With Australia retaining data for two years, there is no rush for the MPAA to find out users streaming copyright-protected content.
Using Kodi is much like torrenting, and your ISP can tie things back to your IP address.
VPN’s will mask this and encrypt all your connection data. However, not all VPN services offer the same kinds of features or protection.
Here are a couple of examples of VPN you may choose. One of them is a highly recommended choice, while the other isn’t.
Many users around the globe use IPVanish for Kodi. This can be integrated directly into Kodi. This sounds good on paper, but doing this leaves the rest of your connection exposed.
Not just this, but this VPN is based in the USA, which happens to be inside the 5-eyes jurisdiction.
These 5 countries share information, and Australia happens to be one of these. ISP logging, data snooped on and passed to the USA, happens.
IPVanish also has some logging concerns with their old owners. They handed user data over so it can still occur.
With that out of the way, you may see, this VPN isn’t the recommendation.
ExpressVPN Kodi experiences are far beyond what other VPN’s offer. With the fastest VPN network, they deliver the best speeds to prevent buffering and also bypass any geo-restrictions that may be in place.
The list of features and benefits is extensive, and one of the best things is, they are outside of any jurisdiction, so they will never be approached to hand over data.
Users who wish to try the service can do so with their 30-day money-back guarantee. This, in effect, gives a one-month free trial before coughing up for the service.
Many users try this premium VPN. However, less cancel at the end of the free trial.